- 300,000 gpd ASBR facility replaced the existing
concrete and steel conventional extended aeration activated sludge treatment, settlement clarifiers, and aerobic sludge digestors.
- Receives wastewater collected from 14 neighborhoods, residential housing, nursing homes and hospital facilities on a 425 acre site.
- Wastewater treatment comprises flow metering, fine screening and washing, grit collection, surge tank (flow balancing), flow splitting, two (2) basin ASBR process, flow equalization, tertiary filtration and disinfection with chlorine.
- Treated effluent is pumped to a 1 million gallon storage tank and then used for grass and golf course irrigation.
- Waste sludge treatment includes aerobic digestion, storage and conditioning.
The ASBR features:
- Stainless steel effluent decanters.
- Highly efficient fine bubble membrane diffused air aeration system.
- PD blowers with variable speed drives, and PLC and SCADA control system.
- ASBR Basin dimensions are 15.5m (51’) long x 7.0m (23’) wide x 5.5m (18’) deep, with a top water level of 5.2m (17’).
- The ASBR achieves a high quality effluent discharge including BOD and TSS removal.
- Nitrogen reduction through nitrification and denitrification, and biological Phosphorus removal.
- Large fluctuations in biological and hydraulic loads are automatically accommodated with the flexible process control cycles.
- SCADA monitors the plant and logs and stores data for historical trending.
Population Equivalent (PE) 4,500
Influent Conditions Effluent Limits
Average Design Flow 1,136 m3/d (300,000 gpd)
Peak Flow 1,703 m3/d (450,000 gpd)
BOD 220 mg/L 5 mg/L
TSS 296 mg/L 5 mg/L
TkN 50 mg/L 10 mg/L
NH3N 30 mg/L 1 mg/L
TP 8 mg/L 1 mg/L